Below are a series of my articles and blog posts related to Qigong and in particular the practice of Spontaneous Qigong.
General Qigong Articles:
A short article about the Qigong master and author of some insightful qigong books – Geoff Pike
Cancer and Qigong Article:
An article about applying an integrative approach to healing from cancer.
An integrative approach means using conventional medicine, such as chemotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery with regular Qigong practice to help boost the immune system and deal with symptoms and side effects.
This article includes three case study examples of Qigong authors who adopted this approach to heal from cancer. It also contains a review of a research study on the benefits of Qigong on ‘quality of life’ for cancer sufferers.
Qigong and Encounters with Spontaneous Qi Articles:
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi: Serialisation
- Qigong and Encounters with Spontaneous Qi: Part One
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi: Hiroki Kurihara & GENKIKO
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi: Part 3 – Hard Qigong Fail
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi: Part 4 -The First Time
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (5) – Energy Moves in Spirals and Whirling
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (6) – John Chang
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (7) – Miro Baricic
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (8): Interviews with Qigong Masters in China
- Katsugen and Richard S. Omura: Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (9)
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (10): How to Practice Spontaneous Qigong
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (10a): Canterbury Cathedral
- Swimming in the Qi: Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (10b)
- Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (10c): Raising the Energy
- Spontaneous Qigong Research in Norway: Encounters with Spontaneous Qi (11)
A series of articles on the lesser well-known practice of Spontaneous Qigong.
Spontaneous Qigong is where you let the body’s own qi lead the movments instead of you consciously leading the movement. This can result in varous spontaneous types of body movements. It is believed to be an effective way for the body to clear its own Channels of blockages.
Other articles about Spontaneous Qigong
- Activating Spontaneous Qi / Shi Delon, Jason Dean videos – Message from Janne (1)
- 5 Animal Frolics and Spontaneous Qi as an Origin of Qigong – Message from Janne (2)
- Pathogenic Energy release manifests as Spontaneous Qi movement: Message from Janne (3)
- Spontaneous Qigong Book Review: Zifa Gong by Alexander Brighton
- Spontaneous Qigong (Zifa Gong) in Germany
Gen Kiko (Japanese Qigong)
An introductory article and short interview with Hiroki Kurihara, founder of Genkiko, a Japanese system of Qigong. Mr Kurihara has set up Gen-Kiko classes in Toyko and Yokohama and used to run classes in London, UK.
30 Day Spontaneous Qigong Trial
In 2018, I carried out a 30 daily Spontaneous Qigong practice trial. I logged the whole process in a series of articles, which are listed below and also in my general Archives.
These blog posts also contain information about other Qigong teachers and authors along with references from their books:
- 30 Day Trial of Spontaneous Qigong Practice
- Day 1: 30 Days of Spontaneous Qigong Practice
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 2
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 3
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 4
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 5
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 6
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 7
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 8
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Days 9 – 10
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 11
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 12
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Days 13 – 14
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Days 15 – 16
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Days 17 – 19
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Days 20 – 23
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Days 24 to 26
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Days 27 – 29
- How I Attained Enlightenment with Spontaneous Qigong: Day 30
- Spontaneous Qi Practice: Day 30 – Conclusion
Spontaneous Qi Articles:
Below are Amazon UK links to recommended books on Qigong and Spontaneous Qigong:
- The Power of Ch’i, Geoff Pike. Outlet 1981.
- Ch’i: The Power Within, Geoff Pike. Tuttle Publishing, 1998
- Life is Always Smiling: Stories from my Life. Hui Xian Chen, Kindle Edition.
- Katsugen: The Gentle Art of Wellbeing. Richard S. Omura
- Healing Cancer With Qigong: One man’s search for healing and love in curing his cancer with complementary therapy. Sat Hon. Ancient Taoist Practice Society. Kindle Edition.
- The Way of Energy. Master Lam Kam Chuen
A book that gives an alternative and critical view of Qigong:
- Breaking Through the Barriers of Darkness: Recognising the Cult of Qigong for What It Is‘ Hsiao Guang, Translated by Leanne Luo. 2008
Spontaneous Qigong Articles
Below are some extracts from articles and books on Spontaneous Qigong in a PDF format:
- Qigong Masters Sharing their Views of Meridians
- Embodiment and Experience The Existential Ground of Culture and Self. Edited by Thomas J. Csorda. Extract by Thomas Ots.
PDF versions of research studies on the practice or medical benefits of Qigong:
- Learning and Experiencing Chinese Qigong in Norway. Author – Gry Sagli (PDF)
- Qigong. Article by David A. Palmer
- Medical Applications of Qigong. Author – Kenneth M Sancier PHD
Movement based embodied contemplative practices definitions and paradigms. Authors – L. Schmalzl, M. A. Crane-Godreau and P. Payne
- Qigong for cancer treatment: A systematic review of controlled clinical trials. Authors – M. S. Lee, K. W. Chen, K. M. Sancier and E. Ernst
- Changes in cytokine production in healthy subjects practicing Guolin Qigong a pilot study. Brian M. Jones
- Impact of Medical Qigong on quality of life, fatigue, mood and inflammation in cancer patients a randomized controlled trial. Authors – B. Oh, P. Butow, B. Mullan, S. Clarke, P. Beale, N. Pavlakis, E. Kothe, L. Lam and D. Rosenthal.